Wednesday, June 11, 2014

To Becoming Human. To Soreness.

"Be a human being. Celebrate your soreness." -Kelly Starrett

If my heaving, groans and gasps of exhaustion are any indication that I worked my severely out-of-shape ass off this afternoon, then I could be almost a quarter of what Kelly Starrett spoke of-- becoming a human being. As to celebrating soreness, I certainly am learning how to. With every 20th push-up, every 30th sit-up, every 10th pull-up and every 40th air squat. And clearly more of these and who knows what else in the coming days.

This soreness, this pain that I allow myself to experience adamantly reminds my lungs how they like the sweet taste of air, compels me to embrace life in every muscle stretched, in every joint and ligament awakened, to find and grasp with a vise grip that last ounce of strength down to the deepest most cellular core even when my body is screaming, "No more! No more!" To know life in every breath. To. Be. Alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment