Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I AM NOT AN ACTIVIST


I am not an activist. I got a D in current events in my senior year because I was that apathetic. But life happened. 


So there's this. 

And then there's this:

http://kickerdaily.com/coco-martin-brings-pet-woman-to-benchs-degrading-fashion-event/

But then, I choose to go back and focus more on this:







Because I cannot do anything about the choices of the people responsible and those who participated (audience members included) in the said fashion event.

Because being frustrated, disappointed, infuriated does not do the community any more good. But taking care of myself by making myself stronger will.

Because maybe, just maybe, whoever  reads this post  will choose to become stronger any way they know how. And in becoming stronger, they realize, if they haven't already,  that demeaning any woman or man, hell, any human being JUST. WON'T. DO.

I am not an activist. But I am an advocate. For women becoming stronger. For men becoming stronger. For our society becoming stronger, better.

Thank you Lisbeth Darsh.

Thank you, Life. 

"Self-care is a form of social activism; it is not selfish. It is the means through which we can transform ourselves and those around us." - Dr. Debra Rouse

2 comments: