Friday, February 13, 2015

Why I Lift


For you my Garret
For you my Morgan
For you Charmaine
For you Chesi
For you Monic
For you André
For you Rina
For you Tiny
For you Uzzel
For you Suzette
For you Christine
For you Caelyn
For you Helene
For you Jaxene

With every breath caught
And bead of sweat formed
For every muscle stretched
For every time my body
screams no more

I chalk my hands
I position my feet, knees,
legs, hips
I grip the barbell
I can do this
I can lift this
Rip it from the ground
And get underneath
I stand back up
Replace

Breathe, reset, repeat

Isn't that
What we were taught
As kids?

To pray.
Every night and every day.

Here's what we do:
Close our eyes
Position our feet, knees,
Kneel
Hands, palms
Together
Say fervently
Bless everyone we love
Give us strength
And we believe
Miracles happen
Then we stand
And breathe
Live another day
And repeat

What is prayer after all?
Isn't it anything done out of
Love?

Perhaps I don't do church but
I lift and when I do
It is prayer
For all of you.

“Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.”
― Rumi

Strength / Skill:
30Sec Plank
30Sec Off
X5
30Sec Hollow Rocks
30Sec off
X5
10 min EMOM of
1 Power Clean
1 Hang Clean
1 High Hang Clean
1 Squat Clean
METCON
3 RFT of
3 Squat Cleans 30kg
6 Chest to bar pull ups
20 Meter Farmer's Carry


No comments:

Post a Comment